Employment Visa Dubai
Who can apply?
Employment Visa or Permit is issued by the Immigration Department to a foreign national who wishes to work for a company in the UAE upon the approval of the Ministry of Labour.
It allows the holder to enter the UAE for employment and is valid for two months from the date of issue.
When the employee has entered the country on the basis of the employment visa, the sponsoring company will arrange to complete the formalities of Medical and stamping his residence within 60 days.
Minimum Age requirement for applying employment visa: 18, and Maximum: 65.
- Passport Copy
- one photo with white background
- Attested Certificate Copy for certain professions (no need attestation for Secondary Certificates)
- Trade Licence Copy
- Labor Computer Card Copy
- Profession + Salary with allowance (if any)
- GCC Driving License copy for Driver Visa application (Vehicle list from RTA also to be attached for Driver Visa)
- Sponsor’s E-signature Card.
Required Documents (After Entry):
- Two Photographs for Medical Test (white background)
- One Photograph (white background) for Visa Stamping
- One Photograph (white background) for Labour Card/Contract
STEPS TO FOLLOW :
- Quota: Type e-quota application from Tas’heel Center.
- Documents required for e-quota: Copy of Trade License, Labour Establishment Card and Tenancy Contract (Ejari).
- Project Agreements to be scanned for Contracting Companies.
- Number of required workers, Gender and profession to be mentioned. 53 Dhs should be paid for Quota request application at Tas’heel Centre and 2 Dhs for Labour Envelope.
- Pay Quota Approval Fee: Wait for payment request which will come online within 10 minutes. Dh200 to be paid for each worker (53 Dhs Service charge extra). Quota Approval will come after 24 hours.
- Type Work Permit application: Passport copy of Employee, Photo and Certificate (For certain professions. No need attestation for Secondary Certificates) are required.53 Dhs to be paid at Tas’heel Centre. Work Permit Approval will come after two days.
- Pay Bank Guarantee: (3000 Dhs for each) at Bank or Exchange. No commission at Al Masraf and UAQ Banks. You can pay at Aafaq Islamic finance company also. It has branch at Tas’heel Centre. If you have any excess bank guarantee with Ministry of Labour, then no need to pay bank guarantee for the new application. Bank guarantee is refundable after employee’s visa cancellation.
- Pay Labour Card Fee as per the company category.
- Pay Immigration Fee: 360 Dhs + typing charges for each visa and submit the papers at Immigration office and collect the entry visa. This fees can be paid at Typing Centre also.
NOTE: Original e-signature card of the authorized signatory is must to complete employment visa process.
E-Dirham: Payment should be made through E-Dirham Card at Thas’heel Centre. You can Buy E-Dirham Card from any branch of National Bank of Abu Dhabi or from Aafaq Islamic Finance Company found at Thas’heel branches. Take your Emirates ID & Passport copy to for E-dirham Card.
STEPS TO FOLLOW (AFTER ENTRY/STATUS CHANGE)
- Type Medical and Emirates ID application and first go for Medical Test and then for Emirates ID fingerprint (if required). Medical Fee: 260 Dhs +Typing charge (Normal), Emirates ID: 270 Dhs (two years).
- After receiving Medical Certificate type Labour Contract from Tas’heel Centre andVisa Stamping application from Typing Centre. Labour Contract Fee: 53 Dhs, Visa Stamping: 410 Dhs +Typing charge.
- Get seal and signature of the sponsor and employee on the Labour Contract and submit through Tas’heel Centre. Submission Fee: 40 Dhs.
- Labour Card and Labour Contract within 24 Hours: If you pay 53 Dhs extra, you can collect your Labour Card and Labour Contract from the same Tas’heel Centre within 24 hours. If not, you can print your e-Contract and e-Labour card fromwww.mol.gov.ae.
- Get seal and signature of the sponsor on Visa stamping application, Attach Tas’heel receipt and submit at Immigration Department along with Original Passport. Visa stamped Passport can be received same time.
WORK PERMIT EXTENSION: Work Permit is renewable every 10 days upon payment of 500 Dhs fee each time for a maximum of six times calculated from the date of expiry of its initial or renewed term. Service available at Tas’heel Centre.
- E-QUOTA APPLICATION 53 Dhs (Type from Tas’heel Centre)
- INITIAL APPROVAL 253 Dhs + Typing charges
- WORK PERMIT APPLICATION 53 Dhs Pay at Tas’heel Centre
- LABOUR CARD FEE (Pay at Tas’heel Centre) as per following categories
- 353 Dhs First Category
- 653 Dhs Second Category 2-A
- 1553 Dhs Second Category 2-B
- 2053 Dhs Second Category 2-C
- 5053 Dhs Third Category
- BANK GUARANTEE 3000 Dhs (Commission varies depends on Bank. No commission at Al Masraf and NBQ). Bank Guarantee facility available with AAFAQ inside Tas’heel Centre
- IMMIGRATION FEE 360 Dhs (Can be paid Typing Centre)
- 1020 Dhs If the person is inside UAE
- 510 Dhs For visa position amendment + Typing charge extra)
- MEDICAL CERTIFICATE 300 Dhs (Amount varies depends on Hospital)
- EMIRATES ID 270 Dhs (Can be typed at Typing Centre)
- VISA STAMPING 410 Dhs (Can be typed at Typing Centre) Urgent only + Typing charges
- LABOUR CONTRACT 100 Dhs (Type from Tas’heel Centre)
TOTAL 5452 Dhs + Typing charges
- Application status can be tracked through www.mol.gov.ae by entering MB number which is printed on the application.
- If the applicant is inside the country on cancelled visa, type Visa Position Amendment application and pay Dh510 at Typing Centre (Typing charge extra). Seal and sign by the new sponsor and submit at Immigration. You will get a Status Change proof print. After Status Change only, you can go for Medical Test.
- There are 60 days time from the date of Entry/Visa Position Amendment to complete Medical, Emirates ID and visa stamping.
- IF THE APPLICANT ON VISIT VISA: If the visa holder is inside the country on Visit Visa, type Visa Position Amendment form and pay Dh510 at Typing Centre (Typing charge extra).
- IF THE APPLICANT ON TOURIST VISA: If the visa holder is inside the country onTourist Visa, he/she can get visa inside country on payment of Dh660, then he/she must exit to Oman / neighbor country or home country and enter on new employment visa. Visa change package is available from Fly Dubai, Air Arabia and some other airlines. NOTE: Tourist visa holder cannot change visa inside country without exit.
- SHARJAH: Employment visa will not be issued in Sharjah if the applicant is on Tourist Visa.
Where to Apply:
Click Here for Location
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am on Employment Visa. But my visa still not stamped on my passport. Can I attach entry visa to apply visa for my family?
A: No. You should have stamped visa on your passport to apply for family visa. Your labor contract also should be shown at the Immigration to prove your salary. Labor Contract will be issued only after stamping your visa.
Q: Do I need to endorse spouse’s name in my passport to apply for family visa?
A: No. Attested marriage certificate is enough.
Q: How long the family visa process takes at Immigration?
A: If the above mentioned documents are correct, visa will be issued same time.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my wife and two children. I have got a studio flat in my name. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, for wife and children studio flat also acceptable.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my child. But Tenancy Contract is issued in the name of my wife. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, it is acceptable. You should attach wife’s passport copy and Marriage Certificate.
Q: I am an Investor/partner and I heard that I have to deposit 3,020 Dhs at Immigration for each of my dependent’s residence visa. Can I refund 10,000 Dhs / 20000 Dhs which I deposited for my investor visa?
A: Yes, you can refund self visa deposit amount after you deposited 3,020 Dhs for each of your dependent’s visa. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya. STEPS: Submit family visa application, Pay new deposit as per the officer’s instruction, Get Visa, Go to refund counter with original deposit receipt of self visa, Get seal on the receipt No Objection for Refund. Go to Dubai Commercial Bank Immigration Brach Counter, Pay 10 Dhs as service charge and collect the cash. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya.
If you have lost your deposit receipt, you should pay 70 Dhs at Immigration counter to get new receipt in lieu of lost.