Maid Visa in Dubai
Who can apply?
No restrictions of profession/Designation, An expatriate can sponsor a housemaid if the following conditions are met:
Sponsor salary shall not be less than 6,000 Dhs or 5,000 Dhs + (Accommodation)
- Copy of residence Tenancy Contract consisting of minimum two bedrooms. It has to be attested through Ejari online system of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA). Out of Dubai residents can submit their Tenancy contract and Electricity bill without Ejari registration.
- Copy of Electricity and Water Bill in the name of applicant or spouse.
- Prepaid Application Form (can be typed from Typing Center). Fee 310 Dhs + Typing Charges to be paid at Typing Center.
- Maid’s passport copy (color) + one photograph with white background.
- Copy of the sponsor’s and spouse’s passport (color).
- Labor Contract: If the sponsor is a private sector employee, the Employment Contract has to be attested from Immigration on payment of 120 Dhs. This can be done at the time of submitting visa application. You can get Labor Contract true copy print from Tas’heel Centre by paying 53 Dhs.
- If the sponsor is a Government/Semi-government/Free zone Employee, his/her Salary Certificate does not need attestation.
Additional Documents (Investor/Partner):
If the Sponsor is Investor / Partner the following additional documents are required:
- Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license)
- LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than 70,000 Dhs)
- Investor visa guarantee deposit receipt copy (if available)
Additional Documents (India):
Affidavit from the Consulate stating that the Maid is not related with the Sponsor and spouse. Separate Affidavit to be made for both Sponsor and spouse. (This is applicable only if the Maid is from same nationality of the Sponsor).
No Relation Certificate from Consulate is must if the Maid is from same nationality of the Sponsor. This certificate is required by UAE Immigration Department at the time of applying for entry visa.
Special approval is required to get maid visa if she is inside country on Tourist Visa.
If the sponsor is an Indian, Affidavit can be made from Indian Consulate/ Embassy.
Required documents(For Affidavit):
- Passport copy of Sponsor, Spouse and Maid.
- Original passports of Sponsor and Spouse.
- Affidavit Form can be collected from Consulate and filled by hand.
- Fees 60 Dhs. Attested Affidavit will be delivered the same time. Indian Consulate
Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8am-12noon.
Location: Bur Dubai, Karama, near Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Make No relation Certificate from your Consulate (This is applicable only if the Maid is from same nationality of the Sponsor)
- Prepare maid visa application from Typing Centre. Fee: 310 Dhs + typing charges
- Attach all the above mentioned documents and submit at the Immigration.
- Maid’s Visa will be issued same time at the counter if the requirements are completed.
- Labor Contract (3 copies) will be issued along with the Maid Visa and that has to be signed by both the sponsor and Maid at the time of stamping her visa. Immigration employee will ask the salary of Maid at the time of issuing visa to enter the amount in the Labor Contract.
- Maximum age limit to apply for Maid Visa is 58 years old (varies case to case).
- Bachelors are not eligible to sponsor a Maid.
- If a family needs more than one maid, the DGDRFA reserves the right to decide depending on the size of the family, income levels, etc.
- After got visa issued, prepare Maid’s Employment Contract (from the concerned Consulate. Eg: India, Nepal) and send it to her home country for immigration clearance.
Procedure After Entry
Required Documents (After Entry):
- Prepaid Application Form (available at Typing Center)
- Maid’s original passport
- Original entry visa issued by Immigration.
- Copy of sponsor’s passport
- One photograph of the maid with white background.
- 2000 Dhs Deposit receipt copy
- Original Medical Certificate.
- Emirates ID application should be attached with Visa stamping form. Type Medical & ID application and go for Medical first, then do fingerprint at EIDA Center near Medical Clinic. No need appointment for new visa holders.
- If the sponsor is a private sector employee; Attested copy of his Employment Contract.
- If the sponsor is a Public Sector Employee; Copy of Salary Certificate.
- If the sponsor is an Investor/Partner: Copy of the Contract showing his shareholding, Copy of Trade License and Partners List.
- Employment Contract to be signed by the Sponsor and the Maid. This Contract will be given by the Immigration Staff at the time of submitting the Application. Immigration Staff will ask the Salary of Maid to enter in the employment contract. It will be convenient to sign the Contract if the Maid accompanied at the time of submission.
- Medical, Emirates ID & Visa stamping should be completed within 60 days from the date of Entry.
- If the Maid is inside UAE on Visit Visa, 1230 Dhs to be paid extra for Status Change (680 Dhs to issue visa inside the country and 550 Dhs for status amendment). If she is on Tourist Visa, she can get visa inside country on payment of 680 Dhs, then she must exit to Oman or neighbor country and enter on new maid visa. Visa change package is available from Fly Dubai, Air Arabia and some other airlines. Tourist Visa cannot be changed inside country without exit. In this case no need India, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka Consulate related procedures after get issued the visa.
- Prepaid e-form application. Available at Typing Center. Fees: 360 Dhs + Typing charges
- 220 Dhs should be paid at Immigration Counter as File Opening Fee (new fees implemented in August 2014). This is one time fees.
- 5360 Dhs as one-year residence fees including Employment Contract and Labor Card of the Servant. Fees to be paid at Typing Center + typing charges.
- 100 Dhs urgent delivery fees (optional)
- 20 Dhs fees for ordinary delivery by the Courier (to be paid at Immigration.
- NOTE: 2000 Dhs which had deposited at the time of initial approval can be refunded only after cancellation and exit of the Maid. Take original Deposit Receipt to the Immigration Main Office in Bur Dubai for refund. Immigration Staff will put a Stamp on the Receipt mentioning No Objection for refund. Stamped Receipt to be submitted to Dubai Commercial Bank near Immigration Office along with original passport of the Sponsor for identification. 10 Dhs will be charged as Bank commission.
Where to Apply:
Click Here for Location
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am on Employment Visa. But my visa still not stamped on my passport. Can I attach entry visa to apply visa for my family?
A: No. You should have stamped visa on your passport to apply for family visa. Your labor contract also should be shown at the Immigration to prove your salary. Labor Contract will be issued only after stamping your visa.
Q: Do I need to endorse spouse’s name in my passport to apply for family visa?
A: No. Attested marriage certificate is enough.
Q: How long the family visa process takes at Immigration?
A: If the above mentioned documents are correct, visa will be issued same time.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my wife and two children. I have got a studio flat in my name. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, for wife and children studio flat also acceptable.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my child. But Tenancy Contract is issued in the name of my wife. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, it is acceptable. You should attach wife’s passport copy and Marriage Certificate.
Q: I am an Investor/partner and I heard that I have to deposit 3,020 Dhs at Immigration for each of my dependent’s residence visa. Can I refund 10,000 Dhs / 20000 Dhs which I deposited for my investor visa?
A: Yes, you can refund self visa deposit amount after you deposited 3,020 Dhs for each of your dependent’s visa. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya. STEPS: Submit family visa application, Pay new deposit as per the officer’s instruction, Get Visa, Go to refund counter with original deposit receipt of self visa, Get seal on the receipt No Objection for Refund. Go to Dubai Commercial Bank Immigration Brach Counter, Pay 10 Dhs as service charge and collect the cash. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya.
If you have lost your deposit receipt, you should pay 70 Dhs at Immigration counter to get new receipt in lieu of lost.