Wednesday , January 24 2018
Home / Documentation / Visa Process / How to Apply Visit Visa for Sister in Dubai

How to Apply Visit Visa for Sister in Dubai

Sister’s Visa in Dubai

Entry (Residence) Permit for Family of Expatriate

Who can apply?


To be eligible to apply for visit visa, the sponsor or UAE resident expatriate must be holding valid UAE residence visa and have a minimum salary of  5,000 Dhs with accommodation or  6,000 Dhs without accommodation.

Salary Requirement:
Sponsor salary shall not be less than 6,000 Dhs or 5,000 Dhs + (Accommodation)

Residence Requirement:
Sponsor must have Tenancy Contract of at least Studio Apartment.

Required Documents:

  • Resident’s passport with valid UAE residence visa.
  • Resident’s labour contract or salary certificate as proof of minimum salary.
  • Proof of relationship of family member (marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificate for children). Documents will probably need to be attested. For more distant relatives, an attested document from your embassy detailing the relationship should be sufficient.
  • Proof of medical / health / accident insurance for the visitor.
  • Copy of visitor’s passport (should be valid for at least 6 months after expected date of entry to the UAE).
  • Visa application form – obtain at the typing center at the immigration department (DNRD in Dubai, or other UAE immigration office).
  • Visa fees of 620 Dhs for a one month visa (“short term visa”) or  1120 Dhs for a three month visa (“long term visa”). Visa validity is actually 30 days and 90 days – slightly less than 1 month or 3 months.

Additional Documents (Investor/Partner):

If the Sponsor is Investor / Partner the following additional documents are required:

  • 3020 Dhs Deposit for each family member. This amount is refundable after cancellation of the visa (Effective from 01/08/2014)
  • Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license)
  • LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than 70,000 Dhs)
  • Investor visa guarantee deposit receipt copy (if available)


  • Type Entry permit residence visa application from typing center and attach above mentioned documents and submit at the Humanitarian Case Counter of the Immigration head office in Jafiliya (Counter No. 22 & 23, Main Building, Main Entrance, First Left). Pay 120+220 Dhs there for initial approval sticker and File Opening.
  • If the documents are complete, they will give a token with reference number. After five working days you will receive an SMS either accepted or rejected.
  • If the application is accepted, you will have to pay 5020 Dhs as deposit for each parent and 680 Dhs to issue visa inside country for each, if the parents are inside UAE.
  • Type Status Change form for 510 Dhs (typing charge extra) and submit at any Immigration branch before the expiry date of Visit Visa/Tourist Visa. If the parent is on Tourist Visa, he/she must exit and enter on new visa. Tourist visa cannot be changed inside country.
  • Visa holder must enter UAE within 60 days from the date of issue and should complete Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping within 60 days from the date of entry/status change. If the visa holder couldn’t enter UAE within 60 days from the date of visa issue, visa can be renewed against payment of 360 Dhs+Service charge. This renewal is allowed two times.
  • Medical,Emirates ID and visa stamping should be completed within 60 days from the date of entry/Status Change.
  • Parents’ visa will be stamped for one year and to be renewed every year.
  • Visa stamping Fee: 210 Dhs + Typing charge.

Visa Fee:

  1. Prepaid e-form application. Available at Typing Center. Fees: 360 Dhs (Typing charge extra)
  2. 220 Dhs should be paid at Immigration Counter as File Opening Fee (new fees implemented in August 2014). This is one time fees.

Security Deposit:

Refundable deposit of  1000 Dhs (previous to new visa rules either no deposit or 2000 Dhs deposit was required – no that doesn’t make sense to us either).

Where to Apply:

Click Here for Location

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: I am on Employment Visa. But my visa still not stamped on my passport. Can I attach entry visa to apply visa for my family?
A: No. You should have stamped visa on your passport to apply for family visa. Your labor contract also should be shown at the Immigration to prove your salary. Labor Contract will be issued only after stamping your visa.

Q: Do I need to endorse spouse’s name in my passport to apply for family visa?
A: No. Attested marriage certificate is enough.

Q: How long the family visa process takes at Immigration?
A: If the above mentioned documents are correct, visa will be issued same time.

Q: I want to apply residence visa for my wife and two children. I have got a studio flat in my name. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, for wife and children studio flat also acceptable.

Q: I want to apply residence visa for my child. But Tenancy Contract is issued in the name of my wife. Is it acceptable for family visa?
A: Yes, it is acceptable. You should attach wife’s passport copy and Marriage Certificate.

Q: I am an Investor/partner and I heard that I have to deposit 3,020 Dhs at Immigration for each of my dependent’s residence visa. Can I refund 10,000 Dhs / 20000 Dhs which I deposited for my investor visa?
A: Yes, you can refund self visa deposit amount after you deposited 3,020 Dhs for each of your dependent’s visa. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya.  STEPS: Submit family visa application, Pay new deposit as per the officer’s instruction, Get Visa, Go to refund counter with original deposit receipt of self visa, Get seal on the receipt No Objection for Refund. Go to Dubai Commercial Bank Immigration Brach Counter, Pay 10 Dhs as service charge and collect the cash. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya.
If you have lost your deposit receipt, you should pay 70 Dhs  at Immigration counter to get new receipt in lieu of lost.



About admin

Check Also

How to Apply for Electricity / Dewa Connection

Comments comments